Are you still trying to figure out the perfect Christmas gifts for a teacher, neighbour, or relative? There is no better gift than one made with love AND one that can be eaten.
So why not make this adorable reindeer cupcake? Yes, YOU! They are a lot easier than you’d think, and EVERYBODY loves cupcakes.
- small rolling pin
- large circle cutter
- size 12 round piping tip
- brown fondant
- white fondant
- red fondant
- tan fondant
- chocolate chips
- chocolate covered pretzels
1. Roll out the brown fondant and use the large cutter to make a round circle. Then use the large end of the piping tip to cut a circle with the tan fondant. Finally, use the small circle of the piping tip to cut a red circle. TIP: use some cornstarch to prevent fondant from sticking to counter.
2. Place the tan fondant on the lower 1/3 of brown fondant and then secure the red fondant circle. Finally, use the edge of the piping tip to create a “mouth” on the tan fondant. TIP: use a tiny amount of water to help secure fondant to each other.
3. Roll out the white fondant and use the small hole of piping tip to create 2 small circles. Secure them as “eyes” on the brown fondant. Next, press two chocolate chips into the white fondant.
4. Place the topper on top of a cupcake iced with buttercream. TIP: click HERE for a simple and tasty buttercream recipe.
5. Finally, break a chocolate covered pretzel in half and stick them into buttercream to create “antlers”.